Arroz con Gandules
A friend of mines shared this delicious recipe with and now I am sharing it with you. This is a DELICIOUS Puerto Rican dish. Here is how to make it. Bon Appetite!
1 tablespoon oil (vegetable oil, coconut oil, almond oil, etc. Oil of your choice)
1 tablespoon sofrito
1 chicken bouillon
1 packet of Adobo
Pieces of pork
1 can of Gandules
3 cups of rice
4 cups of water
½ can of tomato sauce
Heat pot on high and add oil of your choice in.
Cut 7 pieces of pork or amount of your choice. Fry the pieces for 2 minutes.
Add Sofrito, tomato sauce, Adobo, Sazon, Bouillon, and can of beans
Let it cook for two minutes.
When water is absorbed from the rice, reduce the heat of the pot. Mix well. Cover lid.
Finish and enjoy!
Recently I have been contemplating on doing a blog post on Mariah’s first dental experience.
As many of you know, Mariah is 2 years old and it was time to get her first dental appointment out of the way. I am pretty sure you guys can imagine how that went. Mariah did not like the idea of someone restraining her to brush her teeth. She is so independent that it is a fight to brush her teeth for her.
Facts about infants/toddler dental health:
- Start early! When your little one is an infant it is important to clean their gums. Using a infant brush or wash cloth will do the trick. If you start early your child will less likely fight you when you are brushing their teeth.
- Consistency is key! A child will become accustomed teeth brushing and it will become apart of their routine.
- Once your little one shows sign of teeth it is important to get them to a pediatric dentist. We waited until Mariah was 2.5 years old but it is suggested when your child is at least one years old.
- If you wait too long to encourage dental care, then there is a strong chance that you will come out of pocket to care for those baby teeth.
- Ask your pediatric dentist the best methods to ensure positive dental practices.
- Buy them pick out their favorite toothbrushes and explain to them the process of dental care.
Don’t be afraid to brush their teeth even when they put up a fight. Develop a reward system, make oral hygiene a fun and rewarding experience.
Please comment below your experiences of taking your little one to the dentist!
Image courtesy of Pinterest
My husband and I have been married for 3 years. This year I wanted to do something based on traditions, traditionally leather is the gift you would give your spouse back in the day.
A few ideas that I came up with was a keychain, wallet, belt, coasters or a bag.Images courtesy of Pinterest.
I love this idea because it seems so masculine and unique.
Now if my husband wants to show up with some Sunflowers or Crystal /glass, I would be ecstatic!
I love to practice traditional things especially when it is something that I can pass through my family.
How I choose my wedding date:
My parents were married August 14, 1980 they would have been married for 38 years. As a tribute to my late mother, I decided to use their wedding day as a permanent reminder of the love that my parents shared. My parents were full of love and guidance that I channel every day.
Image courtesy of Pinterest
I love you, mommy and daddy, thank you for showing me what love is!
To my husband:
If marriage was easy everyone would be doing it, I am so happy that God has put you in my life! Happy Anniversary!!!
Image is the property of The Mompreneur Lifestyle Blog